Naureen joined Percy Short & Cuthbert in September 2003 and, as a trainee solicitor, undertook a variety of legal work across multiple areas of practice. She qualified as a solicitor in September 2005 and began to specialise in property and private client work. Naureen became a salaried partner of the firm in February 2010.
Over the years Naureen has continued to carry out property and private client work. Her property work includes:
- Acting for sellers and buyers in residential sales and purchases;
- Acting for buyers of shared ownership properties;
- Acting for borrowers (and lenders) on re-mortgages;
- Acting for landlords and tenants in relation to agreed lease extensions, licences and variations; and
- Acting for landlords and tenants in connection with claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing & Urban Development Act 1993 for new, extended leases or to acquire freehold interests.
Naureen’s private client work includes:
- Drafting wills*, including advice on the inheritance tax implications of the will;
- Acting for executors in the probate of estates;
- Acting for administrators in the administration of estates; and
- Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney and registering them with the Office of the Public Guardian.
*Wills during the COVID-19 pandemic: Although Naureen would usually meet with clients to take instructions on wills, for those who do not wish to wait until a meeting can be arranged (following lockdown), it may be possible to create a will by email, telephone and video-conferencing. Please note that in order to sign the will, clients would need to arrange for two independent adult witnesses to the signature – subject to the appropriate social distancing. For details, please contact Naureen at firstname.lastname@example.org.